Be part of a small-group adult Bible study. You can choose to form your own group or sign-up to be placed in one. You'll have several options as a group. Keep reading to see.
These small groups meeting in homes or on church property should be 4-8 persons, depending on the space and circumstances; online Zoom groups of 12 are very manageable.
Scroll down to download the questionnaire that we need completed to help us set up groups by your preference, or you can pick one up in the church office.
Options for Small Group Bible Study
1. Purchase a new study from a Catholic website: Ascension Press, Word on Fire, etc. Starter sets (comprised of one DVD and one study guide) can be purchased with church funds by getting prior approval. Additional study guides would then be purchased by each group member.
2. Go online to formed.org which the church has subscribed to for our parish members. On that site, you can find free Bible studies with videos that can be streamed online if you prefer, or you can purchase the DVD if that works better for your purposes. Some study guides can be printed out for free while others are available for purchase.
3. Join a study that uses a book only with no DVD. Again, participants would each be responsible to purchase their own book either online or by asking a local book store to make the purchase. We currently have six different books in our library that would suit this purpose. The titles will be posted soon.
4. Borrow one of the Bible studies already in the church library that come with a DVD and at least one sample study guide. We ask that you don't write in these guides as they are meant to be reused by others. (See button below for a list of study materials currently in our library; studies are arranged alphabetically by title).
Get Signed Up
* We have created a short questionnaire to help us get everything started;
please click on the Questionnaire Button below to be directed to our questions.
You can either print it from here or pick up one in the church office if that is more convenient;
* Please turn completed questionnaires into the church office,
place them in the offering basket in the main church, or scan and email them to Charlotte Curtis, who is helping to organize the small groups
Her phone #: 541.279.9978
Her email: [email protected]